The EducationUSA advising center in Izmir welcomes individuals who are interested in study and research opportunities in the United States with an emphasis on undergraduate, graduate education and post-doctoral research.
The center belongs to a network of Educational Advising Centers affiliated with the US Department of States Bureau of Educational and Cultural affairs and strives to provide accurate, comprehensive and impartial information on educational opportunities in the United States and about all accredited US higher education institutions.
The EdcationUSA Izmir advising center was established in August 2014. The center is administrated by the American Councils for International Education. More than 1500 students use EducationUSA advising services in similar centers annually.
The center is open from Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for everyone regardless of age and educational background. In addition, the EducationUSA advising center offers online support via Facebook. The EducationUSA Izmir advising center’s Facebook page is always open for an online dialogue. Please be with us online to get answers about higher education in the United States.
Services offered by the EducationUSA Advising Center
The EducationUSA advising center in Izmir maintains a library of written, audio-visual, and CD-ROM resources (including standardized test preparation materials). Lectures, seminars, and counseling services are also delivered. In addition to mentioned resources and services internet service, practicing of sample computer-based tests and group discussion meetings are available.
EducationUSA advising center visitors are encouraged to attend general and special lectures on:
- The US Educational System
- The Art of Writing Personal Statements
- The Art of Writing Research Proposals
- How to Pass Successful Interviews
- Information Lecture on Computer-Based Tests
- Financial Aid for Undergraduate/Graduate Students
- Pre-Departure Orientation for the students accepted to the US Universities and Colleges.
Individual consultations provide interested individuals with detailed information on the process of applying to US colleges, universities and research centers. It is necessary to sign up for appointments in the office beforehand in order to get individual consultations. Consultations are given on a regular basis. Each person will be given 30 minutes. Interested individuals must register in advance.
EducationUSA Advising Center Library
The EducationUSA Advising Center library contains various resources, directories and books, namely:
- Books on foundations that provide scholarships and fellowships
- Undergraduate, Graduate and Research Guides
- College catalogs, reference books that provide information on particular fields of study
- Helpful files on a variety of subjects related to the study process in the United States
- ESL programs
- Bulletins and registration forms for standardized tests such as TOEFL, TOEFL iBT, GRE, GMAT SAT and USMLE Step 1 & Step 2
- Test preparation guides for the aforementioned exams.
Organization of sample computer-based TOEFL, TOEFL iBT/GRE/GMAT/SAT every Wednesday and Thursday. The best way to prepare for the real computer-based test is to take its sample test first, and get acquainted with the directions and regulations of the actual tests. For sample testing you need to register beforehand by calling or sending an e-mail.
- Video Presentations of the US educational system and US colleges and universities.
- Movie night in English
- Group Discussions. Library attendants who are going to take speaking session of the TOEFL internet based test can have group discussion in a separate room of the center. These group discussions help the attendants to improve their speaking skills and take the speaking session of the TOEFL iBT with success.
Subscribe to the EducationUSA Izmir Newsletter
* indicates required